I'm an Engineer with an Aerospace Engineering Bachelor's Degree with projects background in UAVs. Now, I work as a Process Technician for Danfoss Power Solutions. I aim to make a difference through my creative solution and innovative approaches.
I graduated from Iowa state University in May 2018 with a bachelor’s degree in Aerospace Engineering. I‘ve had many academic experience and leadership roles through school projects and organizations. I’ve been the Propulsion Team Lead at AirOne which is a part of an aerospace organization called Make:2:Innovate. I have had experience leading teams in the creative process, work in a cross-functional team and create/ manage milestones to fulfill project requirements as well as improving them. I also was a Research and Testing team member in ISUAV at M2i. There I have had many research experiences, like identifying the best part in the market for the project and contact manufacturers for price negotiations. I also was the President of the Egyptian Student Association which I organized many diverse fun full and academic events. Now I work as a Process Technician at Danfoss Power Solutions where I support, troubleshoot and maintain electrical & mechanical equipment used in the process to build, paint and pack hydrostatic pumps, motors and components
Work & Academic Experiences
Process Technician @ Danfoss Power Solutions
Jan 7th 2019-Current
- Provided technical support and training to assembly and manufacturing personnel.
- Conducted troubleshooting for electrical & mechanical equipment used in the process to build, paint and pack hydrostatic pumps, motors and components
- Programmed Robotic Arm and setup for manufacturing to ensure product specifications and qualities are met.
- Designed tooling and fixtures for manufacturing by collaborating with the process engineering team.
- Assisted in creating, modifying and revising standard work (SW) documentation.
- Provided a line of support for the assembly cell as the next level of escalation after the cell expert for manufacturing issues related to safety and process quality
- Tested the prove-out of a new processes and changes by gathering data, making
Propulsion Team Lead @ AirOne (Make2Innovate)
Mon Aug 21st 2017 - Sat May 5th 2018
- Designed and built a propulsion system for Unmanned Arial Vehicle (UAS)
- Conducted thrust, thermal and flight tests in safe enclosure and performed risk assessments
- Developed Optimization tool to achieve an optimal flight configuration using MatLab and Wolfram
- Optimized the propulsion system to increase flight time by 40%
- Performed a variety of team management tasks including directing meetings, maintaining communication between sub-teams and planning milestones
- Designed and managed the project’s website
Research and Test Team @ ISUAV (Make2Innovate)
Mon Jan 9th 2017 - Thu May 4th 2017
- Improved the system’s efficiency through performing trade studies on various components
- Tested the overall system using laboratory tools and ensured safety in the lab during tests
- Analyzed data collected from tests and concluded results in written report
B.S. Aerospace Engineering - Iowa State University
Sat May 05 2018
Took Aerospace Engineering courses (162 Cr.) at Iowa State University
Undergraduate - Mechatronics Engineering - German University in Cairo
Took courses in Mechatronics (27 Cr.) at German University in Cairo