I'm an Engineer with an Aerospace Engineering Bachelor's Degree and working towards my Master's Degree with projects background in UAVs. I have had the opportunity to have three internships at NASA at two different centers as an Aerospace Engineer Intern. Used to work as a Process Technician for Danfoss Power Solutions. I aim to make a difference through my creative solution and innovative approaches.
I graduated from Iowa state University in May 2018 with a bachelor’s degree in Aerospace Engineering. I‘ve had many academic experience and leadership roles through school projects and organizations. I’ve been the Propulsion Team Lead at AirOne which is a part of an aerospace organization called Make:2:Innovate. I have had experience leading teams in the creative process, work in a cross-functional team and create/ manage milestones to fulfill project requirements as well as improving them. I also was a Research and Testing team member in ISUAV at M2i. There I have had many research experiences, like identifying the best part in the market for the project and contact manufacturers for price negotiations. I also was the President of the Egyptian Student Association which I organized many diverse fun full and academic events. I used to work as a Process Technician at Danfoss Power Solutions where I support, troubleshoot and maintain electrical & mechanical equipment used in the process to build, paint and pack hydrostatic pumps, motors and components. Had three internships at NASA. Two of them I worked as an Aerospace Engineer intern at the Aerodynamics and Propulsion Branch in the Revolutionary Vertical Lift Technology Project. The last internship was an Aerospace Engineer internship at the Propulsion System Analysis Branch in the Revolutionary Vertical Lift Technology Project. Now I'm working towards my Master's Degree in Aerospace engineering.
Work & Academic Experiences
Aerospace Engineer Intern @ NASA Glenn Research Center
Jun 2021-Aug 2021
- Analyzed and Tested Gas Turbine Jet Engines using Numerical Propulsion System Simulation(NPSS) software.
- Modeled and analyzed electric motor configuration using Simulink.
- Researched and introduced a new software tool to improve engine modeling design processes and analysis for AAM/UAM configurations (CFIT)
- Researched, documented work, logically organized, composed and presented engine modeling training and lessons learned.
Aerospace Engineer Intern @ NASA Armstrong Flight and Research Center
Aug 2020-May 2021
- Studied, evaluated, and tested engine/motor software tools applied to Urban/Advanced Air Mobility (UAM/AAM) configurations.
- Utilized AAM/UAM design software to investigate groundbreaking configurations, development, and evaluation of preliminary models of using NASA Design and Analysis of Rotorcraft (NDARC).
- Implemented, Improved and Trained team members on a newly developed engine modeling NASA software.
Process Technician @ Danfoss Power Solutions
Jan 2019-July 2020
Propulsion Team Lead @ AirOne (Make2Innovate)
Aug 2017 - May 2018
- Designed and built a propulsion system for Unmanned Arial Vehicle (UAS)
- Conducted thrust, thermal and flight tests in safe enclosure and performed risk assessments
- Developed Optimization tool to achieve an optimal flight configuration using MatLab and Wolfram
- Optimized the propulsion system to increase flight time by 40%
- Performed a variety of team management tasks including directing meetings, maintaining communication between sub-teams and planning milestones
- Designed and managed the project’s website
Research and Test Team @ ISUAV (Make2Innovate)
Jan 2017 - May 2017
- Improved the system’s efficiency through performing trade studies on various components
- Tested the overall system using laboratory tools and ensured safety in the lab during tests
- Analyzed data collected from tests and concluded results in written report
M.S. Aerospace Engineering - Iowa State University
Took Aerospace Engineering courses (15 Cr.) at Iowa State University
B.S. Aerospace Engineering - Iowa State University
Aug 2014 May 2018
Took Aerospace Engineering courses (162 Cr.) at Iowa State University
Undergraduate - Mechatronics Engineering - German University in Cairo
Took courses in Mechatronics (27 Cr.) at German University in Cairo